We can’t predict the future nor can we control it, what we can control is the effort we put into making our dreams a reality.
Maybe you are at a point in your life where the road ahead seems dark and uncertain. You may think of giving up and going back to your comfort zone, but you won’t grow from there. You can grow only when you challenge yourself.
At such times faith and hope are of great importance. You need to have faith in yourself as well as hope in a better tomorrow. You are the one who is going to build that better tomorrow, so why not start now?
Every great accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
Here are some tips on how you can keep climbing and ultimately achieve your goals :
- Stop Comparing Yourself To Others– All of us are guilty of comparing our progress with the progress of those around us. We fail to realise that everyone has a different destiny. Maybe they were destined to achieve their goals sooner than you, but that does not make you any less of a person. There is enough to go around – i.e. everyone deserves to be happy.
- Set Attainable Goals – Although setting the bar high may keep you motivated for some time, you may get dejected all too soon. Instead, break up your goal into small attainable goals. By doing this you will reduce the pressure on yourself and you’ll enjoy achieving what you planned.
- Commit and Re-commit – An initial commitment to your goal is essential. However, as time goes by, everyone tends to lose track and put in less effort than they did when they began. Hence, re-commitment is essential. Every few days or every week review your goal and the roadmap you’ve drawn up to achieve it.
- Track Your Progress – Make notes of what you have achieved so far. This will help you stay on track and give you the motivation to keep working hard.
- Be Consistent – Whether it is succeeding at an examination or losing weight, consistency is key. When you keep working towards your goal, you will become more confident and this will enable you to tackle your goals with that much ease.
- Keep The Distractions Away – This is extremely important in order to focus on the task at hand. The distraction could be your mobile phone or your laptop, keep them away when you are working. Inform people around you to leave you undisturbed during that specific time. Concentration is essential for achieving goals.
- Take Breaks – Achieving your goals should be your utmost priority. However, it is essential to take small breaks every now and then. This will help avoid burnout and will give you more energy to continue hustling. Try working in short bursts of 25 minutes with a 5 minute break thereafter.
- Keep Yourself Motivated – This could be done by practicing meditation, by reading self-help books or by giving yourself awesome pep talks – do whatever works for you.
- Enjoy The Process – Once you achieve your goals you will realise that the best part was the journey itself. So take it one day at a time and enjoy the process.
- Learn From Failure – Failure is a great teacher. If you view it negatively it will hinder your progress. View each of your setbacks through a positive lens, learn from them and keep working hard. This is the key to success, getting up each time you fall.
Although you don’t know what the future has in store for you, you have the power to make the most of the present. Take each day as it comes, and focus on what you can do today that will help you move closer towards your goal.
Keep hustling and stay motivated! You will definitely achieve what you set your mind to!
Thank you for reading! Stay blessed!