R. City’s ‘Don’t You Worry’ made me fall in love with the duo :
Just like R. City (which is a Hip Hop/Pop/R&B duo), majority of the jazz and blues singers I’ve come across are extremely humble. That’s one of the reasons why I love the genre even more. Most of them have struggled in life and their work shows it all.
There is something about humility that attracts me to people.
On the other hand, arrogance makes me want to punch people in the face. I have no clue which country they think they have conquered, but I hope they know that it only exists in their imagination. (For the record, conquering countries doesn’t impress me either.)
See, I admit that I was arrogant at one time, but that was only because I wanted to prove myself to everyone around me. Deep down I was still trying to hold onto the tiny bit of self-confidence I had. I know that that doesn’t justify my arrogance, but truth be told, I’d have punched myself back then as well.
Failure has a sly way of humbling one, at least it had that effect on me. But failure is also frustrating. There are days when I just can’t gather the strength to keep trudging on, giving up seems so easy.
However, it is so important to fail in life, because that shows how much you are trying. As I’ve said in a previous post, failure has taught me so much more than any success ever did.
The movies about failure and success that I absolutely love are La La Land and The Purusit of Happyness.
Both the movies teach us how success can be achieved by those who work hard and who truly believe in themselves.
Nothing is impossible, as long as you believe.
My advice :
1) Everyone is on a journey, it does not matter how fast you reach your destination, as long as you enjoy the ride.
2) There will be days when you feel like giving up, don’t. Instead of quitting, learn to rest. Take a break from the work at hand, go unwind.
3) Learn to use the power of your subconscious mind to help you achieve the success you’ve always dreamt of.
5) Learn to love the wonderful mess that you are. Self-love is beautiful.
7) Stop seeking approval. Do what you love, for yourself.
Thank you for reading! Stay blessed!
Photo by Austin Neill on Unsplash